Jobs & Internships
About Discovering Justice
Discovering Justice is a nonprofit leader in civic education. We prepare young people to value the justice system, realize the power of their own voices, and embrace civic responsibility by connecting classrooms and courtrooms. From our waterfront home in Boston’s Moakley U.S. Courthouse, we offer innovative in-school curriculum, afterschool mock trial programs, and courthouse field trips that teach more than 20,000 Massachusetts elementary and middle school students each year about the justice system, the role of law in a democratic society, and the fundamental importance of good citizenship.
Discovering Justice seeks a Program Associate to lead administration and support operations for our key programs serving kindergarten through eighth grade students from schools across Massachusetts. Working closely with a dynamic team of passionate educators, this role will enable Discovering Justice to broaden its impact and serve more schools across the Commonwealth. The Program Associate will work cross-organizationally with staff and also with judges, volunteer attorneys, docents, teachers, and thousands of students per year. The Program Associate will learn and grow with the organization and have opportunities for professional development and advancement over time.
- Manage, lead, and coordinate all aspects of middle school mock trial and mock appellate field trips, including scheduling and communicating with teachers, Courthouse staff, and volunteers
- Lead and facilitate elementary field trips and Courthouse tours, as needed
- Provide administrative support for Children Discovering Justice
- Assist with event management and volunteer recruitment
- Other office duties as needed
The Program Associate must be highly motivated, personable, well-organized, collegial, and passionate about civic education, social justice, and issues concerning diversity and inclusion.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Experience working with middle school students
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- The desire and ability to engender enthusiasm for the programs and mission of Discovering Justice
- Experience working in a professional setting
- A commitment to promoting diversity and fostering an open and inclusive environment
- The demonstrated ability to multitask and collaborate with a team
- Familiarity with Microsoft Word and Excel, and social media platforms
Annual salary range: $32K-$35K, commensurate with experience
Our competitive benefits package includes:
- Health, dental, and life insurance
- 403(b) retirement plan, with additional 5% of salary contributed by Discovering Justice
- Pre-tax transportation plan
- Paid vacation days, personal days, sick leave and holidays including annual office closure between Christmas Eve and New Year’s Day
How to Apply
Please email your cover letter and resume to Ms. Jamie Cross at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Discovering Justice is committed to equal opportunity employment practices. Candidates of color, persons with disabilities, and LGBTQ+ candidates are encouraged to apply.
This posting will remain open until the position is filled.