Our 2023 Annual Gala, Amplifying Students’ Voices, brought more than 325 students and partners of the Discovering Justice community together to the Moakley Courthouse to celebrate and support a year of bringing the organization’s unique civic education work to schools across Massachusetts.
- We amplified the voices of students from Third Grade to college who spoke about their roles as advocates for causes they believe in. You can listen here to Zeke and Kailyn, two of the students who spoke at the event.
- We heard from former Governor and Discovering Justice 2023 Champion of Justice, Charlie Baker who was honored for his commitment to civic education. You can listen to his speech here.
- We highlighted the judges, lawyers, and teachers who help make our programs accessible to students all across the Commonwealth.
At the event, we also recognized two people who have been deeply committed to the work of Discovering Justice for many years – more than 30 between them!
- Josh Levy, the new Acting U.S. Attorney in Massachusetts, devoted more than 20 years to Discovering Justice as a legal mentor volunteer and Discovering Justice Trustee.
- Chief Operating Officer Ann Gogol for her ten years of work at Discovering Justice.
Josh and Ann’s passion for the organization’s mission and commitment has been an essential driver of Discovering Justice’s continued success over the years.
The event raised nearly $400,000 through sponsorships, ticket sales, an online auction, and pledges made at the Gala. We raised these funds thanks to the generosity of the many members of the Discovering Justice community. Thank you for your continued commitment to the organization and for your unwavering belief in the importance of civic education.
You can watch the full video of the event here.